Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wendy - Focused on Fundraising



This will be Wendy’s fifth year riding in the MS Bike with her team, I ride cause I can. She says her team’s name has a double meaning, “the first is because I CAN ride, as there are days that riding is easier than walking, and the second is that we CAN make a difference in ending MS.” For Wendy, cycling equals freedom. “Being diagnosed with MS has changed my life in so many ways and I’m worried that one day I won’t be able to get on my bike, let alone get out of bed,” she says “I push myself now more than ever and I don’t take my mobility for granted.”  

“Before my diagnosis I never set goals, I only had dreams,” she continues. “Now, I still have dreams but I turn them into goals as I am more aware of how quickly life passes us by.” Her main goal is fundraising as much as possible for her MS Bike campaign. “My fundraising consists of an assortment of activities that I organize with my teammates, which includes a bottle drive, draws for gift certificates from local businesses, a silent auction and a bar night where local bands come and play. Fundraising possibilities are truly endless!”

Having such a supportive group of friends who will help her reach her fundraising goal is “one of the best things a person with MS can have,” Wendy says. “I am blessed to have such a strong support system, cheering and celebrating with me every peddle of the way.”

For more great fundraising tips, visit msbike.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...